Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 4 - Margaritaville

Photobucket

We decided to give Margaritaville (at the Flamingo) another try and went there for an early dinner. Our seating location wasn't the best - we were seated in the outer loop, verses the main room. We could still watch the music videos on the flat screens on the wall, and we had a clear view of the blender. We noticed that the Las Vegas location had two smaller blenders, while Myrtle Beach and Orlando both have one larger blender.

We got kid menus because the bird masks make great souvenirs.

Photobucket

When Mom and Dad ordered drinks, I figured Rachel and I might as well get something special. Rachel was in the restroom, so I ordered a Jolly Mon (strawberry and banana smoothie) for her and a Princess Marigold for me (coconut and pineapple smoothie) and Diet Cokes for each of us (I did not consult my parents before ordering!). As for food, ordered what I always order - the Cheeseburger in Paradise. Once again, I do not recall what anyone else ate. I just know my cheeseburger was really good.

It had been nearly an hour, and the volcano still hadn't erupted (this happens every half hour in Myrtle Beach - I'm thinking every quarter hour later at night... seems that thing is always going off!). We asked our waitress, and she told us it wouldn't go off until 7:00. We went into the gift shop to find tee shirts (we started collecting Margaritaville tee-shirts from the ports on our Caribbean cruises and needed a Las Vegas shirt for the collection).

While we were there, the volcano was due to erupt, so we stuck around.

Turns out the Vegas show was unique to its location.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
She slid from the top of the volcano into the blender.

Photobucket
And was lifted out on a hook.

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment