Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pretty in Pink

Our "Bonus Room" (actually, no longer a bonus room... since we've added a closet, it's technically a bedroom, but the name remains the same) is the girl hang-out area. It's at the end of the hallway upstairs (the entire upstairs is a total girl zone). When we first moved into the house, it was originally our play room, painted a hideous lavendar color, complete with a giant chalkboard. We have since removed the chalkboard, painted the walls white (thank goodness!), and decorated in pink and orange. This is our slumber party room.

Photobucket

The bonus room tree is my favorite, and this year, I decorated it first.

Photobucket

It's a six-foot white artificial tree that we purchased from Michael's (I believe) a few years ago.

Photobucket

The ornaments are whimsical shapes and figurines in pink, lime green, purple, and orange that we've collected over the years, the majority coming from Hobby Lobby.

I believe I prefer this tree because it is probably the easiest to decorate. The size is perfect. I can reach the top of the tree without needing a ladder. Therefore, the garland is easy to fix. The branches are nice and sturdy, and not covered in an excessive amount of fluff. They are easy to bend and arrange. This tree is definitely the least overwhelming. It took around 3-4 hours to decorate, assembly to finish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The tree skirt is actually a pink furry rug that I bundle up and wrap around the base.

Photobucket

The doll is my sister's beloved "Cuddle." Her favorite childhood toy must remain present during the holiday season.

Photobucket

Other Christmas additions include stockings...

Photobucket

Photobucket

As well as decorative figurines.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I apologize for the large size of these photos. I just got a new photobucket, and I forgot to reduce the size of the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment