Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 1 - Back to the World

After getting back to Tampa after our 9-day Eastern Caribbean Cruise aboard RCI's Grandeur (Grandma) of the Seas (wanna see pics? Victoria Shingleton's Photos - Christmas in the Caribbean | Facebook Victoria Shingleton's Photos - Christmas Cruising Part II | Facebook), we headed to Walt Disney World to celebrate New Year's.

The problem is, while on the cruise, I started getting sick, and by the last day, I had completely lost my voice. So, I was headed to my favorite place on Earth... feeling quite terrible, actually.

Now, Rachel and I also stayed up late partying the night before. I suggested we go to bed, but Rachel refused (she found herself a British lad and had grown quite attached). Being the older sister, I felt like I needed to keep an eye on her, so I stayed out with her. We got maybe three hours of sleep.

But, we wouldn't let illness and lack of sleep get in the way of our magical vacation. So we stopped by Walgreens and picked up some medications (which I took double dosage of) and continued to the world.





It was around 11:30, and we decided to head to Epcot since we knew it would be crowded, and Epcot is very large and tends to handle crowds well.



It was very crowded. Dad ran to get FPs for Soarin. He was almost to the front of the line when.... all fastpasses distributed. Drat.

So, he went to Test Track to get FPs. I suggested that we try the Kim Possible World Showcase attraction. Turns out we needed our tickets to sign up, so Mom, Rachel, and I chilled in Innovations until Dad met us.

We were to report to the Kimmunicator station in Italy at 12:25. We started to take a boat, but we realized that we were in the wrong boat line, and the boat we needed was leaving. Drat.





















So, we walked. And we beat the boat. How about that?

It took us awhile to find the tent. We didn't know exactly what we were looking for. Finally we asked someone.







We got our Kimmunicators. Our mission sent us to Germany. We teased my dad about this because he does alot of business in Germany, and whenever we meet any foreigner (mainly European, but anyone from another country, really), he tells them about how he's been to Germany.

The first location was the little train village. With the Kimmunicator, I was able to make the church ding and light up. There were quite a few guests watching the village, and when they saw the church light up, they all pointed. "The bells are ringing." I did it again. And again. And again. They couldn't figure out why the church bell kept ringing. This was fun. I don't think they ever figured it out. It looked like I was texting. This is awesome.





The rest of our mission included making a cuckoo clock chime... er... yodel, making a train in the toy store drive by, and making t
corny. I could do without all of the dialogue and just go around making things go off. Oh, well... it's Disney, I guess it needs a plot.



No comments:

Post a Comment