Thursday, June 20, 2013

NYC Times Square

The only other time I've been to New York City, I remember spending a good amount of time on Times Square.  Our hotel, the Westin, was adjacent to Times Square (we were supposed to stay at the Marriott Marquis, but there was some mix-up with the reservations... which ended up being fine because the Westin was super nice with Heavenly beds), and we rode the Ferris Wheel at Toys R' Us.  Anyway, when I think about New York, I think about Times Square.  Which is why it was incredibly weird for me to have been in NYC for five days, having yet visited Times Square (though I did see the Westin we stayed at when catching a cab one night).  So today when I had some free time, I decided that it was time to make a visit to Times Square so that I'd perhaps be able to better wrap my mind around the fact that I'm in New York City.

New York City

Okay, okay.... the real reason I was dying to go to Times Square is because since I last visited New York City, Disney has opened a store there.

New York City

The downside is that it seems to be encouraging these freaky Disney character IMPOSTERS....

New York City

Who does he think he is????  He's definitely not fooling anyone with that costume... Mickey has yellow shoes.  Hmph.

Anyway, the Disney Store has super cute NYC merchandise...

New York City

New York City

I need to go back and take more photos of the merchandise.  There is an adorable collection of I (Mickey) NY tees, mugs, and keychains.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find another antenna topper with the Statue of Liberty crown on it.  We had purchased one at the old Disney Store in NYC, but it was taken from our car years ago.

New York City

There are only two levels to this Disney Store.  The old store was actually a "World of Disney" Store and had I think 5 levels.  I suppose they had to cut back when moving to a more ideal location.

I was disappointed to not see a lot of adult merchandise.  I also think that souvenirs such as the build-your-own Mr. Potato Head would do well there.  Hopefully, Disney will be able to expand the store in the future.

However, as Dad already knows, I didn't walk out of the store empty handed (I had to use my Disney Visa to get the 10% discount!!) - but if it helps my cause, I did buy something just for you, Dad!

DSC_9151

But my bed was empty, and I needed a friend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment