Monday, November 18, 2013

2013 Disney World Trip Report: Day 1, Part 2

ESPN Club

Rachel I had done the unthinkable by going to Disney over fall break - skipping a home game! We knew we had a pretty good place to watch it, though.

So did everyone else. Check out the line outside!


Day 1

ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk is the best place at Walt Disney World to watch football (or any sports game).  The restaurant has over 100 screens showing games on 35 different channels.  Even the bathrooms have televisions, so you never have to miss out on a minute of the game!

Day 1

We got to watch a wedding party move from Sea Breeze Point down the Boardwalk.

Day 1

Day 1

It was about an hour wait. Most people were there to see the Florida v. LSU game, but there were a few other Clemson Tigers in line. They were of course playing the UF v. LSU game on the big screen, so we got one of the booths with a TV which they'll change to whatever game you want. They unfortunately removed the Homerun Hotdog from the menu, but they still offer it (well until they run out).

After ESPN Club, we went back to Hollywood Studios to use our FP+ reservations for Rockin' Rollercoaster and Toy Story Mania.

Day 1

Magic Kingdom


They weren't having Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom tonight, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to watch Wishes and the Main Street Electrical Parade. Apparently everyone else did, too. Magic Kingdom was PACKED!!!! We slowly crept up Main Street. Once we got past the congested crowd of people trying to leave and enter at the same time, we were able to find a good fireworks spot in the castle hub.

Day 1

Of course, there was no room for me to set up a tripod, so I did a few handheld shots of Wishes with my camera and then took a few cell phone photos.

Day 1

We hung out after Wishes and got a spot on the Castle hub curb for the Electrical Parade. It was annoying because I guess being a smaller person who looks easy to push out of the way, I was the go-to person to shove past when crossing the Castle hub. At first I was on one end of the family... and I moved to the other end.... and then I moved to the center. But no matter where I was, "Excuse me! Excuse me!" Little did these strangers passing me by know, they were only the umpteenth person to ask me to move.

We really lucked out with our position on the curb. About ten minutes before the parade was to start, these cast members came to block of a triangular spot on our left for FP+ viewing. All of the people who had been lined up for over half an hour for that spot then had to scoot back behind the rope. I thought that was seriously unfair and that the CMs should've set up the reserved FP+ viewing space as soon as Wishes ended and people started to find spots for Wishes. The people they made move had no idea that they were sitting in a FP+ viewing location and had to scramble to find new spots right before the show started. I would've been seriously peeved if that had happened to me (and was pretty peeved that it happened to other people).

On our right side, they came right before the parade started to set up the path for people to cross the street during the parade. Now, we had an idea this was going to happen there because of the obvious traffic pattern that was scooting me out of the way for people to pass every few seconds. My dad paid attention to the holes for the ropes on the ground and had positioned himself in the perfect spot so that he didn't have to move.

After those two ropes had come up, it was just my family of four and a woman and her daughter in between the two roped off sections.

Day 1

Day 1

Day 1

Day 1

Day 1

After the parade, we tried to do a little shopping on Main Street, but it was just too crowded to be enjoyable. So we headed back to the Beach Club for the night.

Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment