Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dinner at Hyman's Seafood

We had a reservation for dinner at Hyman's Seafood. Mr. Flip had to drop us off and go park the bus three blocks away.

I forgot to take a picture of the exterior, but I'm borrowing this photo from Hyman's website for informational purposes.



This is about how it looked... us being the large group lined up on the sidewalk.

We were seated at two separate tables in the same room. They were near eachother, but not close enough to carry a conversation between tables. We split up oddly.

I happened to be sitting at a table where Oprah Winfrey once sat.



I decided to be adventurous. I believe I was one of the only people at my table that actually liked seafood. I love crab cakes, but I saw it many places on the menu. I decided to do a three combination - crab cake, buffalo oyster, and shrimp and grits.

Most everyone else at the table ordered buffalo chicken fingers or chicken fingers.

It took a while for our food to come. By the time we got ours, our other table was almost finished eating.

My food was really good. The crab cake was rather puny, but there was plenty of oyster and shrimp and grits.

It was a fun restaurant. The staff was super friendly. We were greeted by many different employees and managers, including the 4th generation Hyman (whose name escapes me at the moment).

It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't extremely pricey, either. My meal (triple combo and water) cost about %18.

No comments:

Post a Comment